Full time. Canberra-based.
Sayres Australia has growing opportunities to:
- provide engineering services to provide real value and make an impact for our clients, and
- lead the growth of the engineering professional services portfolio within Sayres Australia.
This role is one where the successful applicant can grow and scale up both their own professional service delivery, and the company’s engineering Business Division.
Challenge yourself to proactively plan, develop, and deliver engineering professional services to the Commonwealth of Australia, with an emphasis on supporting Defence capabilities, ranging from requirements-setting through to acquisition, sustainment, and eventual disposal. The person in this role will initially undertake contract work while working with management to grow an engineering team. Longer term, the team will work closely with stakeholders across Defence and Defence Industry partners to deliver high quality engineering services to support current operational capability and new capability development activities.
With sound commercial and business acumen, strong stakeholder engagement skills and a deep understanding of Defence and the Defence Industry sector in Australia, the Engineering Manager will have a positive impact on the development of sovereign capabilities. In addition, to be successful, the Engineering Manager will be able to demonstrate experience in performing a wide range of engineering activities, including safety assurance responsibilities for compliance with required quality standards and safety management systems.
This position is Canberra-based with potential for occasional domestic travel.
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience in managing Defence Engineering systems and processes.
- The ability to identify, co-ordinate, and implement quality and safety engineering requirements within a complex, operational environment.
- The ability to organise engineering efforts to maximise efficiencies and generate effective capabilities.
- The ability to identify and recommend ongoing improvements to processes, systems, and materiel procedures to better drive capability outcomes and strategic options.
- The ability to provide specialist risk management, quality assurance, and safety engineering advice to multiple stakeholders, i.e., production, maintenance, project, and program staff.
- The ability to ensure that programs and projects adhere to the quality and safety management system requirements.
- The ability to develop and implement plans to ensure compliance to internal and external requirements and standards in accordance with program requirements, i.e., AS9100, ISO9001.
- The ability to facilitate and accelerate root cause corrective action (RCCA), take ownership of solution implementation, and work collaboratively to make required improvements sustainable.
- Familiarity with Business Process Modelling (BPM) and BPM Notation methodologies.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, meet structured time constraints, and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Commonwealth of Australia approved ICT systems, software, and applications including spreadsheets and databases such as MS Excel.
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple tasks with demanding and conflicting deadlines.
- Initiative and drive, with the demonstrated ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Ability to provide advice and develop procedural / practise artefacts and guidance products.
- Ability to maintain and report accurate progress and achievements on a monthly basis and, where necessary, justify any delta between the previous expected achievements and actual achievements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead a large team with team members working in other locations.
- Ability to take a flexible approach and work collaboratively with Commonwealth representatives and other service providers contracted to the Commonwealth.
- Ability to take into account contributions and feedback provided by the Commonwealth and its contracted service providers in the development of deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident, professional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- An Australian citizen with AGSVA security clearance of NV-1 or higher.
Why Sayres Australia?
You’ll be joining a team where 90% of your colleagues are ADF veterans or family members of veterans. We have a strong focus on assisting veterans transition from the ADF to their next career. You will be supported from day one. You will be part of a team. You will be contributing your unique skills to programs of national significance.
Applications close 31 March 2023.
Please contact [email protected] for more information, or to apply for this role.