Sayres Australia has growing opportunities to provide ILS services. This role is one where real value and impact can be made, both for our clients and on the growth of Sayres Australia’s ILS professional services portfolio. The successful applicant will be responsible for the growth and scaling up of the ILS Business Division.
Challenge yourself to proactively plan, develop, and deliver Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) professional services to the Commonwealth of Australia, with an emphasis on supporting Defence capabilities from requirements setting, through to acquisition, sustainment, and eventual disposal. The person in this role will initially undertake contract work while working with management to grow an ILS team. Longer term, the team will deliver ILS services to support operational capability and new capability development activities.
To be successful, the ILS Manager will have demonstrated relevant experience and will be able to perform a wide range of logistics activities including material logistics assurance and governance, management and planning, and procurement and commercial activities relating to the acquisition of Defence capabilities. With sound commercial and business acumen, strong stakeholder engagement skills, and a deep understanding of Defence and the Defence Industry sector in Australia, the ILS Manager will have a positive impact on the development of sovereign capabilities.
The position is Canberra-based with potential for occasional domestic travel.
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience in managing Defence logistics systems and processes.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, co-ordinate, and implement logistic requirements within a complex, operational environment.
- A demonstrated ability to organise logistic support to maximise efficiencies and the generation of effective capabilities.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and recommend ongoing improvements to integrated logistic work processes, systems, and materiel procedures to drive better capability outcomes and strategic options.
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, meet structured time constraints, and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Commonwealth of Australia approved ICT systems, software and applications, including spreadsheets and databases, such as MS Excel
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple tasks with demanding and conflicting deadlines.
- Initiative and drive, with the demonstrated ability to see tasks through to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to provide advice and develop procedural / practise artefacts and guidance products.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain and report accurate progress and achievements on a monthly basis and, where necessary, justify any delta between the previous expected achievements and actual achievements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead a large team with team members working in other locations.
- Ability to take a flexible approach and work collaboratively with Commonwealth representatives and other service providers contracted to the Commonwealth.
- Be able to take into account contributions and feedback provided by the Commonwealth and its contracted service providers in the development of deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident, professional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- An Australian citizen with AGSVA security clearance of NV-1 or higher.
Why Sayres Australia?
You’ll be joining a team in which 90% of your colleagues are ADF veterans or family members of veterans. We have a strong focus on assisting veterans transition from the ADF to their next career. You will be supported from day one. You will be part of a team.
Applications Close 31 March 2023.
Please contact [email protected] for more information, or to apply for this role.