Full time. Canberra-based.
Sayres Australia has ongoing opportunities to provide contracted capability services in the maritime domain. This role is one where real value and impact can be made, both for our clients and on the growth of Sayres Australia’s professional services portfolio. This role involves contract support to maritime capability projects.
We are looking for a candidate with Royal Australian Navy service with a Principal Warfare Officer (PWO) qualification and operational experience in surface combatants. Your former military experience will be key to the development of key Program Governance documentation that will drive the delivery of future capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
The position is Canberra-based.
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated maritime warfare expertise with a PWO qualification and operational experience in surface combatants.
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, meet structured time constraints, and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Commonwealth of Australia approved ICT systems, software and applications, including spreadsheets and databases, such as MS Excel.
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple tasks with demanding and conflicting deadlines.
- Initiative and drive, with the demonstrated ability to see tasks through to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to provide advice and develop procedural / practise artefacts and guidance products.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain and report accurate progress and achievements on a monthly basis and, where necessary, justify any delta between the previous expected achievements and actual achievements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a flexible approach and work collaboratively with Commonwealth representatives and other service providers contracted to the Commonwealth.
- Ability to take into account contributions and feedback provided by the Commonwealth and its contracted service providers in the development of deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident, professional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- An Australian citizen with an AGSVA security clearance of NV-1 or higher.
Why Sayres Australia?
You’ll be joining a team in which 90% of your colleagues are ADF veterans or family members of veterans. We have a strong focus on assisting veterans transition from the ADF to their next career. You will be supported from day one. You will be part of a team.
Applications Close 31 March 2023.
Please contact [email protected] for more information, or to apply for this role.