Full time. Canberra-based.
Begin the next phase of your project management career and proactively plan, develop, and deliver transformational project management professional services to the Commonwealth of Australia, with an emphasis on supporting Defence capabilities from project inception through to delivery of capabilities that protect Australia and its national interests. The person in this role will work closely with stakeholders across Defence and Defence Industry partners to deliver and sustain current operational capabilities and new critical capabilities.
You will be an experienced Project Manager who thrives on working in a supportive and collaborative environment. You appreciate opportunities to establish and manage key project and program management solutions and you enjoy seeing a project move from inception to completion. Developing relationships with stakeholders while taking ownership of the small and medium sized projects that deliver cutting edge technologies quickly to deliver positive outcomes when they are most needed is what gives you satisfaction. You know the rewards of assisting others in getting project governance frameworks established and communicating progress to stakeholders through regular status updates and reporting. This is a role where complexity, ambiguity and innovation coalesce with the rigour of systematic project management methodologies to balance risks and quality requirements to deliver positive change.
This is a role where you can deepen your commercial and business acumen, strong stakeholder engagement skills, and understanding of Defence and the Defence Industry sector in Australia. This Project Manager role will clearly make an impact on the development of sovereign capabilities.
What you will bring to the role:
- The ability to identify, communicate, co-ordinate, plan, implement, and manage projects within a complex operational environment, including the provision of project improvement, project management, risk and quality assurance advice to relevant multiple stakeholders.
- The ability to identify and recommend ongoing improvements to processes, systems, and materiel procedures to drive better project, program, and portfolio capability outcomes and strategic options.
- The ability to solve issues and manage budgets, including facilitating and accelerating root cause corrective action (RCCA), taking ownership of solution implementation, and working collaboratively to make required project management improvements sustainable.
- Familiarity with Defence acquisition (including experience in the One Defence Capability Life Cycle) and sustainment lifecycles and coordination of the Fundamentals inputs to Capability to generate decisive advantage.
- Familiarity with scheduling methodologies and tools (e.g., Gannt Charts, MS Project, Teamwork.com) and Business Process Modelling (BPM) and BPM Notation methodologies.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Commonwealth of Australia approved ICT systems, software and applications including spreadsheets and databases, such as MS Excel.
- Ability to develop ASDEFCON suite of templates into documentation that leads to contracts with Defence and Defence Industry partners.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lead a large team with team members working in other locations, with some travel required.
- Ability to take a flexible approach and work collaboratively with Commonwealth representatives and other service providers contracted to the Commonwealth.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident, professional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A security clearance, minimum of NV-1 preferred, or ability to gain such a clearance from the Commonwealth of Australia.
- A project management qualification (or equivalent experience) and/or an industry recognised certification in a systems-based project management method such as Agile, PRINCE2, PMBOK, PMP, MSP, MOP, and/or P3O.
Why Sayres Australia?
You’ll be joining a team where 90% of your colleagues are ADF veterans or family members of veterans. We have a strong focus on assisting veterans transition from the ADF to their next career. You will be supported from day one. You will be part of a team. You will be contributing your unique skills to programs of national significance.
Applications close 31 March 2023.
Please contact [email protected] for more information, or to apply for this role.