Sayres Australia Pty Ltd specialises in the Systems Approach to Instructional Design, with emphasis on compliance with the Australian Defence Force Systems Approach to Defence Learning (SADL). Sayres Australia is partnered with:
- several large Defence Primes as their training consultants on acquisition projects, and
- University of New England – Partnerships, and the University of Technology Sydney to deliver Learning and Development support to Industry and the Australian Defence Force.
Sayres Australia’s Learning and Development Team includes military veterans with over 60 years’ combined experience in complex training roles in the single service, rationalised, and joint environments. We can support Industry and Defence across all phases of the Australian Defence Force’s SADL process, including drafting all the required documentation artefacts and managing the approval process.
Sayres Australia’s training services support industry and Defence through the analysis, design, development, and evaluation of tailored training solutions to meet specific capability requirements at the individual, system, and platform level. Services provided include:
Sayres Australia provides a range of training analysis services including scoping training requirements, determining workplace requirements, and developing individual and workgroup job statements.
Sayres Australia can also conduct Performance Needs Analysis, comparing current and desired skill sets to identify specific performance skills gaps and determine the feasibility of both training and non-training solutions to address the gap.
Sayres Australia can draft all of the prescribed SADL Analysis Phase documentation for defence clients.
Sayres Australia designs training solutions to meet individual, system, and platform requirements. Based on robust analysis, Sayres Australia can:
- break down any identified performance requirements into the specific knowledge, skills, and attitudes required, and
- design learning events to appropriately skill workforces.
To ensure the most effective and efficient means to close any performance gap, the design process includes:
- developing learning outcomes statements
- developing assessment and delivery strategies
- selecting the appropriate delivery method and media
Working with our partners, Sayres Australia can develop learning materials utilising the full range of available modern media including:
- virtual reality
- augmented reality
- Face to Face, or
- a blend of two or more of the above.
Based on robust analysis and design, Sayres Australia can deliver training courseware tailored to meet clients’ time, budget, and resource constraints while still meeting all identified performance requirements.
Sayres Australia can conduct:
- course evaluations of training events – including learner reviews – to measure the effectiveness of the learning experience (Kirkpatrick level 1 & 2), and
- course evaluations to determine the effectiveness of the training in the workplace (Kirkpatrick level 3 & 4).
Sayres Australia is also able to conduct third party Trial Evaluations.
Sayres Australia’s experience includes:
- the modernisation of Maritime Warfare Officer training and naval Communications,
- Cryptological and Intelligence training, and
- the redevelopment of Mine Warfare and Clearance Diving training.
Recent projects include:
- The analysis and redesign of the Suite of Logistics Officers Courses for the Army Logistics Training Centre, including the redrafting of Job Task profiles, redrafting the Employment Specification and the development of Learning Outcomes, Assessment Criteria, teaching Points for individual Corp components and army logistics common components.
- The design of Introduction Into Service training packages associated with the SEA1778 Unmanned Submersible Vessel delivered to Navy by Thales Australia.
- Strategic training review of national training programs for a large Defence Prime to support emerging capabilities.
- Lead training designer for the SERCO LAND8710 Army Landing Craft tender bid.
- Redesign of the Navy Surface Warfare Officer training continuum (underway).